About Monarch Athletic Booster Club
The Purpose of the Monarch Booster club is:
- To support and encourage the athletic program of Papillion LaVista High School (PLHS).
- To promote good sportsmanship, encourage school spirit, and foster good citizenship.
- To promote special events and/or projects in an effort to raise funds.
- To help maintain and improve the athletic program at PLHS.
For additional information please look at our bylaws.
How the Monarch Booster Club has helped our athletes:
Purchase made to help our athletes in 2017-2018 include:
- Tennis Ball Carts
- Nebraska Coaches Association All- Star Games Sponsorship for athletes in Volleyball, Softball, and Boys Basketball
- State Softball Championship Dinner for players & coaches
- Pole Vault System ($8,000)
- Tumbling mats for Cheerleaders ($2,500)
- Spotlight for Wrestling ($925)
- Girls Softball Championship Banner
- Softball/Baseball Pitching Designated Hitter
- Weight Room Upgrade – Winter 2019 (Saved for several years towards this goal)
- 4 Scholarships 2018 Grads ($2,000)
The Booster Club sponsors a scholarship for PLHS athletes. You can apply by filling out the PLCS Comprehensive Scholarship Application in the fall of your senior year. See Ms. Bradley in the Counseling Office for more information!
Please look at our Membership Brochure for more information.
Booster Social Media Links for all things Booster Club and Monarchs!
Booster Club Fundraising
What: Best ball scramble, lunch included
When: September 2, 2018 (Typically Sunday morning of Labor Day weekend)
Where: Tara Hills Golf Course
Cost: $75 per golfer
What: Raffles, Silent and Live Auctions, Dinner & Drinks
When: March 23, 2019, 4pm Social Hour, 5-7 Dinner, Speaker & Auctions
Where: Cascio’s Steakhouse, 1620 S 10thStreet
Cost: $30 per person
Restrictions: Must by 21 to attend
Football Concessions– (Sign up here! Coming Fall 2019)
What: Each sport sponsors a night to man the concessions stand for home football games
When: Thursdays/Fridays in the fall
Where: Foundation Field
Why: Proceeds towards ALL sports
Monarch Booster Club meetings are on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 6:30 in the PLHS library. We are always interested in new ideas and member participation!
2018-2019 Meeting Dates
August 15, September 12, October 10, November 14, December 12
January 9, February 13, March 12, April 9, May 14
President: Jenny Barnett
Vice President: Joe Vejvoda
Secretary: Julie Whitehill
Treasurer: Amy Paschal
At Large: Lindsey Gobbett
Monarch Backer Night Coordinator: Lou Ann Campbell
Social Media Coordinator: Lisa Vetter