Do you love to read? Join Book Club! This student choice club meets on select Thursdays in the Library from 7:30-7:55.
The mission of the PLHS Book Club is to promote literacy and a love of literature by empowering students to choose and discuss novels that interest them.
PLHS Book Club meets before school on select Thursdays from 7:30-7:55 a.m.
General Meeting Format
· Time is given for members to share their impressions of the book.
· Members can break into small groups to discuss the of book.
· Sponsor/School Librarian introduces a general discussion question.
· When needed, the sponsor/School Librarian guides discussion in the groups and provides additional questions for consideration.
· Members reconvene as whole group to share thoughts on the book.
Book Club Manners
· Bring your book and discussion ideas to every meeting.
· Be courteous of others’ viewpoints. Disagreements are okay, but rudeness is not.
· Allow everyone in group an equal opportunity to contribute. No one person should monopolize the conversation.
· Stay on topic during conversations.
Sponsor: Liz von Nagy
Meeting Dates – Library – 7:30-7:55 a.m.